CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Learning to Deal

I am frustrated this evening. Ok, more than frustrated. It really doesn't matter how I got here or what drove me here. What I want to know is how to get out. I don't like the out of control feeling my life has right now. I'm letting too many factors bounce me around and influence what I feel. How do I convince myself that what people say and do really doesn't matter that much? Why am I letting a petty thing ruin something good? Any answers?

2 Comments:

Nonna

Just the fact you realize what you're doing, feeling and acting on it, puts you ahead of getting past it...that's learning to deal ! ( does make sense ? )

Rita

I totally agree with Wilma up there...recognizing it is huge. As far as getting over it, I hate to tell you that you might not. I am starting to learn that there are somethings that I am not going to learn!! I am trying to be more understanding of my own weaknesses, no matter how frustrating. You might be more successful/happy learning to compensate for rather than remediate issues. My nerdy husband talks about computer program bugs. Sometimes a bug just can't be fixed and he has to write a "work around". I try to think about my personal issues that way...can I fix this or do I need to work around it?

Quite a monologue there. I guess you hit on an all-too-relevant issue for me. Good luck. You're a strong lady. You can make something work.