CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 29, 2010

In Celebration of Life Well Lived

LILA MARIE BENNETT HUBER, beloved wife of the late Reuben Huber of Redcliff, passed away at the Chinook Regional Hospital on Wednesday, January 20, 2010, at the age of 88 years.
She is the loving mother of: Carla (Nels) Anderson of Soldotna, Alaska, Catherine (Ronnald) Quinton of Cardston, Margaret (Richard) Powell of Lethbridge, John (Carole) Spencer of Clavet, Saskatchewan, Jane (Kevin) O'Brien of Calgary, and Hugh (Helen) Spencer of Toronto. She also leaves behind 32 grandchildren, 39 great grandchildren, and 10 great-great grandchildren, and many grandchildren in the Huber family.
Lila is also survived by her brother Ray (Dorothy) Bennett, her sister Ruth Potts, many nieces and nephews, her former husband, Francis Spencer, and many Spencer family members.
She was predeceased by her parents William Alvin and Mary Bennett, brothers: Cliff, Bill, Jim, and Den, and grandsons Clayton O'Brien and Eric Kilistoff.
Lila was born March 18, 1921 at home in Taber, Alberta. She excelled as a student in Barnwell, at Utah State University and Garbutt Business College in Calgary. She continued her pursuit of learning by taking many classes throughout her life in English, Philosophy and History. She enjoyed writing stories, poems, scripts and life histories and was a published author. As a devout member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, she served in many callings including a temple mission in Toronto with her husband Reuben. Lila worked for fifteen years at the University of Lethbridge in the Registrar's Office and the Department of Philosophy. She spent countless hours researching her family history. Family and church were the centre of her life. Lila will be dearly missed.
Friends may meet the family on Thursday, January 28, 2010 from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. at GENERATIONS FUNERAL HOME, 703-13 Street North, Lethbridge; or prior to the service at the LDS Lethbridge Stake Centre on Friday, January 29 from 10:00 to 10:45 a.m.
The Funeral Service will be held on Friday, January 29, 2010 at 11:00 a.m. at THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS, Lethbridge Stake Centre, 2410-28 Street South, Lethbridge, with Brother Don Hughes conducting. Interment in the Stirling Cemetery.

Goodbye, Grandma!! I'll always remember you and the love you shared so generously with me. You were the one person I knew who loved me no matter what! Thank you for all the support you gave me in my pursuit of my talents, for taking me in each summer, and feeding me food I never would have eaten otherwise. Thank you for teaching me a love of trying new things. I always felt so special when I stayed with you. I loved going with you to restaurants; especially the Chinese ones. Thank you for teaching me about your family and making sure I got to know them and their wonderful contributions. You gave me so very much! I hope I can honor you through out my life! You are my first grandparent to leave me and it is so much harder than I thought it would be. I hope you are having the time of your life right now; that you were received with the same open arms you had for us as you waited by your open door for us each visit.