CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

MMMMmmmmmm! Turkey and all the trimmings! Mom's pumpkin pie with real whipped cream! Don't forget my special whipped potatoes. It was delicious. Too bad everyone couldn't be there.
When we arrived on Friday afternoon Dad wasn't feeling well. He kept saying that he thought he had the stomach flu. By Saturday evening he was in absolute agony. Mom took him to the hospital and they immediately admitted him. His blood pressure was dangerously low and so where his oxygen sats. The did xrays and discovered that he has a large bowel obstruction. As of Sunday evening we have seen no improvement. We are quite worried since they have no idea what could have caused this. He has never had abdominal surgery so adhesions are unlikely. The next most common reason for this type of obstruction is cancer. Let's hope it is a less common cause. They will be taking him in for a CAT scan tomorrow and possibly surgery.

4 Comments:

Bless This Mess

You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hope all turns out well!

Nonna

Oh, my Deanna, hope your Dad will be o.k. My Mom just got out of the hospital....her lungs filled up and had to be drained and she has congestive heart failure...she's now on oxygen 24/7...it's just a matter of time before she will slip away !

Diane Stringam Tolley

Oh, I'm so sorry the hear it! I will be praying for him. and for you!

Rapuncela

sweet blog :)



Do you wanna follow me? I follow you :)