CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Nothing Pithy to Say

I've been on vacation for 10 days now. We haven't done anything really special except to visit family. That's been great. I've missed them all so much. The one thing I have realized while away from work was just how much I actually liked being a stay at home mom. I miss having time to coupon and work the sales flyers to save a few dollars. I miss having time to take kids to the pool or hang out in the yard. I never thought I would feel this way. It always seems to be a case of "the grass is always greener" syndrome in my life. I like my job fairly well. I enjoy the people I work with but I love my family more, of course. I wish we had the income for me to do that for the last few years of the boy's at home time. I don't want him to go off into the world thinking that I didn't have enough time for him. It's not just that. I really do like making my home a nice, comfortable place and I just don't have the time or the energy to do it well while I work these insane hours. No, I'm not complaining.....just voicing my thoughts over the last few days.

2 Comments:

Nonna

I totally agree ! Glad you are having a nice time on your vacation. It doesn't matter that you aren't doing big vacation like activities because you are with the people who mean the most to you !

Diane Stringam Tolley

I'd say that was pretty pithy! Thanks for sharing!