CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Chooo Choooo!

We've spent a few days trying to find some sort of activity to do over the weekend as a family. I was hoping we had time to go to Drumheller and see the museum and other sights. I just didn't have enough time off to make it worthwhile so we found something else. The Alberta Prairie Railway Excursions in Stettler, AB was the prime choice. We all really enjoyed it. It's an historic train that takes you to a tiny town called Big Valley, feeds you a good dinner, allows time for you to sightsee some adorable museums and a bright blue church with 3 antique organs. We even got permission for the boy to play the old pump organ. The real fun though was the entertainment on the train and the staged robbery. I am so glad we stumbled upon this out of the way treasure. We're thinking about going again for the Christmas special. It could be a real treat.










1 Comments:

Nonna

How cool is that...i love it. I haven't been on a train ride since I was 16 and I went from San Juan Capistrano to Los Angeles to visit a high school friend. You miss so much when you fly or even drive your own car. I saw places and sights on that trip I had never seen before !